Monday, April 16, 2007

Random Opinion

I've had an interesting email discussion with a friend over the last week regarding human interaction.

It's been thought provoking for me and I am posting this little snippet of one my responses because I think it encapsulates something I've been thinking about over the past couple of years:

"Better to be single your entire life than marry a foolish person. When I'm single, I may be lonely sometimes, but my fate isn't tied to a foolish man's. We all know what the Bible says about foolish men and women. When I'm single, all I have to blame for failure is me. (Which is oddly satisfying because I can change me, but I can't change someone else.) And what about foolish parenting? Gosh. Better to have no kids (and I really would love have to kids, so this is saying something) than have kids with a foolish man."

I hope the right fit for me is out there, but I don't worry if he's not. Who's responsible for my life here on earth? A husband? No. Me.

My parents gave me something truly priceless when they started the process of teaching me the tools needed to make an interesting, productive life- rich in wisdom and meaningful in eternity. That's what counts.

That's why, if I marry- he will be one wise guy. :)

1 comment:

meganmariec said...

Thats really cool. Very thought provoking! Thanks for sharing