Monday, April 30, 2007

Something to live by

I have a new respect for the saying, "Never put off for tomorrow, what you can do today." It's so simple. Somewhere I read that most people overassume what they can achieve in a week, yet don't realize the power of a decade. A lot can be done in 10 years.

Some of my 15 year goals include:

Be MBA crowned

Sing and play for the U.S. President

Speak and write in three languages

Be a published book author

Live abroad

And yet, none of these are possible if I don't do today the little things that will get me to these big goals. I must handle paperwork to register for school, I need to practice scales and write song after song to work on my craft, and it's past time to start studying a language seriously. So, chickadee, never put off for tomorrow what you can do today.

2 comments:

meganmariec said...

Amen. Si quieres, tengo libros y otras cosas en espaƱol o aleman, son buenos idiomas... :)

The Amber Canary said...

Uhhh, yes. I mean... si, amiga. Let me guess...

"I agree, I like to read and write in Spanish...something...you have good ideas, Melina. Oh and your style is just too cool for words."

Hee hee