Monday, July 16, 2007

Weekend in Bellingham

This past weekend, some of my extended family met up in Bellingham, mostly to see my cousins, Trevor and Philip, back from West Point and China, respectively, for the week. We had such a good time! It was beautiful, we spent all day Saturday on Lake Samish at my brother and sister in law's place, and being with my family rates high on the priority list. They are fun and interesting people!

I also moved up some items to my new place (I'm renting a mother-in-law apartment from my aunt and uncle starting August 1st) and opened a checking account, got some job applications and drove around the WCC campus. I kept telling myself that this would soon be the new stomping grounds, but I can barely believe it!

I am thrilled! I am terrified! I am anxious! I am exhilarated beyond words! I just don't want to fail, I want to succeed at this.

Have you any advice for me?

4 comments:

sherriknits said...

You're going to do just fine because family does rate high in your priorities and your family all wants to see you succeed. So do I. Hold on to your roots and keep your eyes on God. :)

You will be missed but I'm excited for the new adventures in your life. I'm so happy to be part of it!

The Amber Canary said...

Thank you Sherri, I appreciate the hurrahs!

Anonymous said...

The only time someone fails is when they quit. You're not a quitter so you will not fail!.......it's just one step at a time.

The Amber Canary said...

Thank you! One step at a time. How significant that discipline is to success! Thanks for the reminder.