Friday, March 23, 2007

Apple Pie

Last night, on a whim, I made the best apple pie of my life. Hands down. No contest. In the battle between myself and myself as cooks- it was delicious.

Of course, sadly, my sister Claire and sister-in-law Paige still make better ones in their sleep.

Ah well. I'm still going to enjoy my pie.

Life is a series of experiences, each one of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and griefs which we endure help us in our marching onward.
Henry Ford (1863 - 1947)

(Even in matters of the stomach.)

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

hey melina

i already thought you are a ise woman! i really do!

and i made a cake yesterday hahha!not so good, but i had fun!

and character istill the most important,but you already have that, go out and study...whatever that is and wherever...let me know!!!!
www.innarush.blogspot.com