Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Go figure

Duh.

For the past few months, I've been really excited about making the most of my time and reading through the classics, etc. I even wrote a little post last week about how I was leaving behind all my time wasting activities (basically) and wouldn't you know...this last weekend, I have watched more tv than I care to admit. Funny how that happens.

What I watched:

The Holiday
* I'm not usually a fan of romantic comedies, they are so unrealistic. And while this is also an unrealistic movie (especially the wealth factor) it's also charming. I like how they portrayed the love stories within the context of older and younger generations.

Stranger than Fiction
* Oh wow, what a show. It is wierd. But I liked it. A lot. Great music. And the bakery scenes made me want to open a shop where I could make amazing food. I also wanted to get an arm/shoulder tattoo...for about 2 minutes.

DISCLAIMER: Both of these warrant their pg-13 rating. Language and the whole shacking up before marriage.

A further note: Both of these shows had scenes where the "romantic interest couple" after sleeping together (and I might add, after knowing the other person for a VERY short period of time) have a conversation with the words... "I think I'm falling in love with you". Hold it! What happened to falling in love and committing to a relationship before sex? Am I missing something here?




No comments: